A good read
The spring issue of Our Gardens, the quarterly magazine of Garden Clubs of Australia, has been released and editor Judy Horton says special thanks must go to HMAA members Faye Arcaro, George Hoad, Trevor Nottle, Libby Cameron and Fiona Ogilvie, who have all contributed to the issue.
“Faye has allowed us to use her HMAA award-winning image of the blue-banded bee on the front cover,” Judy explains. “We love the bee’s choice of the unloved lantana as a favoured food plant and, because November 6-14 this year is Pollinator Week, inside this issue is an informative article by Georgina Hillman about some of the best plants for attracting pollinators to your garden.
The spring issue has many fascinating stories and a chance for new subscribers to win a book.
- The historic Albury Botanic Gardens
- True gardeners’ stories from north coast NSW and Queensland’s Scenic Rim
- How Edna Walling left her mark on Buderim
- Peta Trahar’s Tasmanian angel (it’s a variegated acanthus)
- Native stars of the garden
- Maintaining memorial gardens
- Paul Sorensen’s ‘Everglades’ legacy
- Roses making memories
- Gardens reflect our cultural heritage
- How garden clubs helped re-plant bushfire-ravaged communities
Magazines are distributed through local affiliated garden clubs or by subscription at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And says Judy, don’t forget to join in celebrating National Gardening Week, an initiative of GCA on October 10-16, 2021.
If you have a story you’d like to contribute, please email Judy to discuss on email@example.com.