Welcome to the 2020 Laurels entry page where you’ll find everything you need to know about the awards and submission process. This year the categories are:
This year all entries must be submitted digitally via this website and members may submit two separate pieces of work in each category. Click on each of the categories above to learn about the entry criteria.
SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY by clicking on the category links above
A panel of judges will be convened under the chairmanship of the Laurels Judging Coordinator. The panel will consist of individuals outside the horticultural media with relevant professional experience (including technical and horticultural knowledge). No HMAA member will be a judge.
Accessibility: Highly ranked entries present information in a way that is easily understood by the intended audience.
Accuracy and breadth: Highly ranked entries are both accurate and convey sufficient information to make the central subject matter or premise meaningful within a wider gardening context.
Engagement: Highly ranked entries will engage audience interest from the outset by utilising techniques which may include humour, provocation, curiosity, a compelling overview or other techniques that encourage the audience to keep watching, listening or reading.
Quality: Highly ranked entries will be of a professional standard. Photographs in books and articles may have been taken by the entrant or by a specialist photographer. Regardless of who took the photographs they will only be assessed in terms of relevance to the topic covered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Entries will only be accepted from HMAA members. Members must be financial at the time of entry.
2. A minimum of three legitimate entries is required in a category to proceed with judging that category.
3. An HMAA member may enter more than one category as long as different work is entered in each category. There is a maximum of two entries per category.
5. Entries must be submitted by 5pm ESDT 31/01/20.
6. There is a $25 Entry Fee for each entry. The fee will be refunded for entries in a category that is not judged due to a lack of entries.
7. The material submitted must have been published or broadcast between 1/11/17 and 31/01/20.
8. Social media entries will be judged on content in the 6 months prior to 31/01/20.
9. Website entries will be judged on content sampled at any time between 1/11/17 and 31/01/20.
10. By entering the 2020 HMAA Laurels a single entrant or entrants personally guarantee that their entry is their original work. Entrants are solely responsible for ensuring that all necessary copyright and other relevant rights and authorisations for their entries have been obtained prior to submitting their entry.
11. Entrants warrant that their entries do not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person.
12. Entrants fully indemnify HMAA against any loss, costs, expenses, demands or liability, whether direct or indirect, arising out of a claim by a third party or another party.
13. By entering the 2020 HMAA Laurels, entrants grant the HMAA a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use all of or an excerpt from their entry to promote and publicise the 2020 and future HMAA Laurels events and during the 2020 HMAA Laurels Awards.
14. The HMAA Laurels judges decisions are final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached.
Laurels Organising Committee
The 2020 HMAA Laurels are organised by the HMA NSW and HMA Victoria on behalf of and under the guidance of the HMAA. The committee includes: