The new winter issue of Our Gardens, the Garden Clubs of Australia’s quarterly magazine, is full of stories written by and of interest to Australian gardeners. Editor Judy Horton (email@example.com) always welcomes stories from around the country. Contact Judy to discuss your ideas.
In the winter issue you’ll find:
The Whites Creek Community Garden looks as if it’s sited in a country hamlet. But this oasis is in the inner-west Sydney suburb of Lilyfield, just a few minutes from the city centre. You’ll enjoy their story.
You’ll also read about:
- The resurrection of a lost garden in Gloucester, NSW.
- How Shoma and Maksud made a garden in their new homeland with the help of hundreds of empty yoghurt tubs.
- Peta’s controversial salvia – do you love it or hate it?
- Two great public landscapes: the Australian Arid Lands Botanic Garden in South Australia and Barangaroo on Sydney Harbour.
- Growing bromeliads in the garden.
- Mari’s successful seaside garden.
- Paradise in Pambula.
- And our first naked gardener – he’s on the front cover!
Deidre gives us tips for arranging flowers and Wendy explains why the botanists keep changing plant names. Then there are Seasonal Tips from Hazel and Judy, New Releases, Diary Dates and news from GCA.