Applied Horticultural Research (AHR) is an Australian research and consulting business working with the agricultural sector to support innovation, productivity and environmental performance through research, development and communication. A key focus of AHR is producing effective communication materials for producers and advisers.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced science communicator/writer with demonstrated expertise in communicating technical or scientific material in an easily understood form. The role will be responsible for planning and preparing material for industry magazines, newsletters, podcasts, videos and webinars. Writing and editing will be a large part of this role.
The position is located at the AHR office in Sydney, although working remotely is a possibility.
- Plan, identify, and produce communication outputs including written articles, videos (assist with production), podcasts and webinars
- Promote and deliver outputs through various channels including newsletters, magazines, websites and social media
- Coordinate with industry stakeholders to deliver a complete industry communications program
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Tertiary qualifications in journalism/communications OR science.
The successful applicant will ideally have at least 3 years’ experience writing in a field of science where it is an embedded part of that role, preferably with a technical focus.
Alternatively, experience in agricultural/horticultural science or farming systems, with solid writing skills to build on.
An understanding of mushroom production, and/or potato production, would be highly regarded.
- Exceptional written and spoken English
- Good computer literacy
- Use of social media
- Well organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic about written communication
- Ability to efficiently translate technical content into easily understood forms
Must be an Australian citizen or have Australian resident status at the time of application.
Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 14 May 2022.