Work for the peak body representing the nursery and garden industry in NSW and the ACT
An exciting opportunity is available with the Nursery & Garden Industry NSW & ACT Ltd (NGINA), located in Kenthurst, Sydney (North West).
As a thriving industry association, we pride ourselves in providing excellent service, support and advice to our members in a range of specialty areas to help them build stronger businesses.
We are seeking a passionate and self-motivated self-starter with a high level of customer service and business background to join our team.
This role covers five key areas of activity:
- Build professional relationships with members, partners and key industry stakeholders.
- Driving B2B internal growth by connecting our members with each other.
- Increase NGINA memberships, partnerships and new advertising revenue.
- Increase the long-term retention of members.
- Internal – Educate members and disseminate technical information and other issues of industry importance through direct contact with members as well as through articles and email bulletins.
- External – support the Membership & Communications Officer with social media and communication activities
Policy coordination, development and implementation
- Assist to maintain and encourage participation in NGINA forums and special interest groups. to
- Provide input and contribute to the drafting and updating of state industry policy on relevant environmental and horticulture technical issues.
Horticultural business and technical support
- Provide technical and business support to the NGINA’s network of production nurseries, retail garden centres and allied partners.
- Connect suppliers and members for problem solving and issue management.
- Assist to implement best management practices and to further develop the level of professionalism within the nursery industry.
The areas of expertise required in this role include but are not limited to:
- Ability to build rapport and develop relationships with members and key stakeholders.
- Sales and business management knowledge and exposure.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- A self-starter with a positive outlook and love of all things green!
It is anticipated that much of the day-to-day interaction with members will take place via personal visits to member nurseries. An expectation is that the role requires travel across NSW and the ACT and on occasion interstate in a supplied company vehicle.
Highly desirable attributes:
- A high level of horticulture or nursery operations knowledge; with regard to plant growth media, nutrition and irrigation, plant pests and diseases, and weed diagnostics and management.
- An in-depth knowledge of horticultural production, relationships within the industry and understanding of the supply chain.
- Biosecurity and best management practice, knowledge and skills.
This position will suit an individual who thrives on working on a diverse range of projects with limited instruction and tight deadlines. They need to have a high level of initiative and be able to work independently. As the face of NGINA they will need to be a great communicator, a consummate professional and highly organised. They will enjoy a challenge, work well in a close-knit team, and love hitting the road to spread the message of NGINA to a wider audience.