Victorian HMAA member Chloe Thomson has written the story of how she successfully landscaped her difficult sloping block. Faye Arcaro HMAA member from WA tells of her love of photographing fungi in the local bushland. South Australian HMA President Trevor Nottle has attracted much attention with his article about how to adjust your garden to make it easier to manage as you age. Thanks to all of you for your generous contributions. Others are welcome send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cover of our autumn issue celebrates the amazing Cairns birdwing butterflies in Amelia and Andrew Rankin’s Townsville garden in North Queensland. This dedicated couple has spent 20 years creating a haven for these beautiful creatures and their story is in this issue.
As well, you’ll find out more about:
- The amazing annual display from the Turramurra Tulip Lady
- Creative gardening in Adelaide
- A community street garden in suburban Sydney
- Dot’s lockdown bonsai stands
- How Peta Trahar spices it up with orange
- Bulbs flourishing in the Southern Highlands
- A Tasmanian bulb breeder who’s achieved worldwide renown
As well we are solving garden problems and celebrating the 2021 GCA Photo Competition winners.
Judy Horton (editor)