The debates have raged, the discussions have been passionate, some tough decisions have been made and finally, New Zealand Flower & Garden Show is delighted to announce the results from this year’s event.
The Best in Show winners are:
- Best in Show: The Beekeepers Hobbit Hole, Hobbiton
- Horticultural Excellence: The Beekeepers Hobbit Hole, Hobbiton
- Construction Excellence: Urban Kitchen, Ben Freeman and Katie Costain, Billygoat Landscaping
- Design Excellence: Trouvaille: Something Lovely Discovered by Chance, Leon Kluge & Bayley LuuTomes
- Sustainability Award presented by RaboDirect: Hamlin Road Farm, Sarah Hewitt
- Special Feature: All Day I Dream in Gardens, Ben Hoyle
- Judges Special Commendation: Garden of Many Rooms, Jules Moore
Convenor of judges Pascal Garbe said the quality of exhibitions was outstanding and there is no doubt designers were creating world-class exhibits.
“It shows the excellence we’ve come to expect from exhibitors has not diminished, while relative newcomers have reached award-winning standards really reflects the growing talent in the New Zealand’s horticultural community.”
Kate Hillier, Event Director, New Zealand Flower & Garden Show says, “Our horticultural community is composed of some of the best in the world and the New Zealand Flower & Garden Show is proud to support it. Kiwis are becoming increasingly interested in gardening techniques and are highly receptive to new innovations. We look forward to welcoming everyone back again next year!”
More information: www.nzflowergardenshow.co.nz