You can vote for as many images as you like in each category but are limited to one vote per image. (The system will alert you if you’ve already voted for a particular image).
Voting is easy. If you’re not already logged in, just follow the following steps:
– Login with your HMAA username/password HERE
– Navigate back to this page
– Vote for your favourite images by clicking them and selecting ‘Vote for this image’
VOTING CLOSES MIDNIGHT 18 APRIL
Joy Harland Memorial Photographic Competition 2021
All members of the Horticultural Media Association Australia are invited to submit entries to The Joy Harland Memorial Photographic Competition 2021.
Entries are to be made via this website between March 1 and March 31, 2021 (entries close at midnight).
The competition is peer-voted and voting, which is open to HMAA members only, commences on April 1 until April 18 (voting closes at midnight).
The competition includes five categories:
- Beautiful Plants
- Mystical Trees
- Creative Imagery
- Lockdown Images
One winner will be declared in each category. The winner of each category receives a $500 voucher.
The prizes are sponsored by HMA through HMA Vic, HMA NSW, HMA Qld, HMA SA and HMA WA.
The competition, conducted every two years, commemorates the photographic talent of the late Joy Harland. Joy is best remembered for her passion and excellence in horticultural photography. Her friend and colleague Tony Fawcett, an HMA Victoria Life Member, shares her poignant story in ‘Remembering Joy’.
Originally photographs entered in this competition were used for HMA News covers. Now the printed magazine is no longer produced, images submitted may be used on the HMAA website and social media platforms. HMAA will not use them commercially. Copyright remains with the photographer.
- Entries are restricted to HMAA members only.
- Images (maximum 1mb) need to be submitted via the HMAA website in jpeg (*.jpg) format.
- The contributing HMAA member must own the copyright of the images submitted.
- Images must have been captured since January 1, 2020.
- The organising committee reserves the right to use any of the submitted images on the HMAA website and social media.
- Innovation and creativity will be essential criteria in selecting the finalists.
- Each entrant can enter up to an overall total of 5 images, which can be entered into in any one category or spread over categories. Each image can be entered only once.
- For judging purposes, entries will be identified by number only.
- Winning photographs will be announced during April online.