The Nursery and Garden Industry Victoria (NGIV) is transforming Queen’s Hall, Victorian Parliament House, into a vibrant Horticultural Showcase to put the nursery and garden industry front and centre. The Showcase opens on Monday, August 28 and has become an annual event.
Throughout the week, NGIV will be championing the horticulture industry and advocating for the interests of its members. The show is designed to engage with all Members of Parliament to underscore the immense scope, scale, and significance of Victorian horticulture.
The Hon. Gayle Tierney MP, Minister for Agriculture, is the esteemed Guest of Honour. Joining her is the Hon. Peter Walsh MP, Leader of the Nationals, along with a panel of horticultural personalities, who’ll share their passion for horticulture and the highlight the benefits it provides for all Victorians.
During the showcase, NGIV is committed to encouraging MPs to prioritise the following key areas that matter most to the industry:
1. Commit to improving Victoria’s Green Infrastructure for future climate resilience.
2. Strengthen the resilience of the horticultural industry.
3. Nurture our workforce for future skills and growth.
4. Celebrate the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show (MIFGS) and acknowledge its cultural and economic contribution to Victoria.
5. Support the important work of horticultural educators.
6. Open doors to international market access and exports.
We can’t wait, and we look forward to sharing the journey with you all next week through our social channels.