Where: The Union Hotel, 271 Pacific Hwy, North Sydney (corner West St)
Deadline: Final booking date is 18 November but why delay?
Cost: $65 per head, includes 2-course-sit-down lunch with some canapes and a welcome drink
We have reserved a lovely private room, with plenty of space and lots of natural light, with a private balcony. It will be a 2-course sit-down lunch ($65 per head, $75 for non-members), with some canapés, and a welcome drink paid from HMAA funds.
Please choose your own meal from the list below and confirm your choice. We must advise our order to the venue by 18 November. Note that “gf” is gluten free. A normal hotel bar is available for drinks during lunch, after your welcome drink.
- Mushroom, Sweet Potato & Caramelised Onion Tart – goat’s curd, petite salad, chive oil v
- Beetroot Cured Kingfish & Salmon – fennel, seaweed salad gf
- Seared Duck Breast – green papaya & cucumber ceviche, sesame oil powder
- For vegans/vegetarians: Mushroom, Sweet Potato & Caramelised Onion Tart – goat’s curd, petite salad, chive oil.
- Chicken Breast Supreme – smashed kipfler potato, broccolini, wild mushrooms, jus gf
- Pan-Seared Snapper Fillet – cauliflower purée, roasted eggplant, spiced peperonata, salsa verde Lemon & Date
- Beef Fillet – hand cut polenta chips, chimichurri sauce, feta peppers, grilled asparagus, jus gf
- For vegans/vegetarians: Saffron Vongole & Green Pea Risotto – mascarpone, truffle oil, samphire
The hotel is a 15-minute walk from North Sydney train station or there are several buses you can catch from the station for a 4-minute trip (buses 320, 252 or 230). Parking in the area is mostly metered, with 2-hour spots available close by. Unmetered a bit further away is in the residential streets (Bay Rd, McHatton St etc) off the western side of the Pacific Highway as well as further north along West St.
Entry to the hotel is from West St. The West Room, which we have booked, is on the first floor, accessed by stairs (no lift sorry).