TIVOLI DRIVE IN
CONSERVATION & LAND MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
The Conservation & Land Management Coordinator primary role is to lead a team of SQW Work Traineeship Participants and project manage the rehabilitation of bushlands located at the Tivoli Drive In developing a vibrant parkland reserve for community enjoyment and education.
The Conservation & Land Management Coordinator will work to ensure that the rehabilitation of the bushlands is successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
The Conservation & Land Management Coordinator will have a thorough knowledge of current industry practices and procedures with a demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain liaisons within the Land Conservation Industry
The Conservation & Land Management Coordinator will be an enthusiastic person with fresh ideas and the organizational and team leadership skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director:
- Network with local residents groups, representatives from the Queensland Department of Environment; Ipswich City Council Department of Environment and Sustainability and other stakeholders in the project
- Project Manage the rehabilitation of the bushlands from start to finish in line with agreed material outcomes and budgeted guidelines.
- Manage Skilling Queensland for Work Land and Conservation work trainees providing work skills coaching and mentoring, allocating roles, and team HR management responsibilities
- Planning and managing the Rehabitation of the Bushlands including
- Development of Parklands design concept with full compliance with Department of Environment guidelines
- Suggest cost effective solutions to environmental challenges
- Prepare Project budgets and ensure adherence
- Liaise with community groups and stakeholders, government agencies and suppliers during all elements of the project delivery to ensure that everything is on order
- Coordinate all operations relating to the Project including booking and confirmation of sub contractors and tradespeople
- Supervise all personnel involved in Project (SQW trainees, Community Volunteers, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in Conservation, Land Management and/or Parkland Landscaping with a strong understanding of Queensland native flora and fauna
- Skilled in Project Management including
- Use of MS Excel and other software tools to develop and manage Budgets
- Use of PC software tools for project management
- Outstanding communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Excellent Organisational and Problem solving skills
- A team player with demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated creative flair with innovative suggestions to enhance the projects success
- A passion for building Community and assisting Community Organisations.
- A Certificate IV, Diploma or Batchelor level qualification in Conservation & Land Management
Email a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Conservation Manager” . Applications close 5pm on Monday 14th February 2022
Be Sure to include
- Name, Address, Mobile Phone, Email and Date of Birth
- Details of any Secondary Schooling or Tertiary education (including details of any Certificates or Qualifications commenced or completed)
- Any previous employment or work experience
- Interests and Hobbies
ABN: 49 140 988 218